Benzoyl peroxide is an organic compound in the peroxide family. Benzoyl peroxide is used as an acne treatment ,for bleaching hair an teeth and many other uses.
Benzoyl peroxide works as a peeling agent. It is clearing pores and reducing the bacterial count as well is acting directly as an antimicrobial.
Benzoyl peroxide is a topical antibiotic that kills the bacteria that causes acne( Propionibacterium acnes)and also reduces inflammation. Containing benzoic acid and oxygen, benzoyl peroxide kills P acnes (the bacteria that contributes to acne).Benzoyl is powerful treatment that can penetrate deeply into pores.
- apply benzoyl peroxide before going to bed on the affected skin area.
Benzoyl peroxide is also a keratolyc, providing exfoliating benefits in the pores to prevent clogging. Benzoyl peroxide may decrease the skin oil production.
You can use benzoyl peroxide as a cream , gel or lotion and it can help you getting rid of acne.
Be careful because the substance that reduces oil production you can observe dry skin as a side effect, but it can be treated with a non-oily moisturizer.
Argan oil is produced from the kernels of the Argan tree( Argan spinosa L.) found in Morocco.
Containing Vitamin E (tocopherols), carotens, natural phenols as caffeine acid, vanilic acid, resorcinol , argan oil is valued for its cosmetic and medicinal properties.
Argan oil has anti- aging properties that keeps skin and hair hydrating. It is excellent for dry skin, helps minimize fine lines, does not clog pores and improve certain skin condition.
Vitamin E or tocopherols it is known as the most important ingredient in argan oil, has anti-oxidant effects and is recommended for scars and eczema.
Argan oil helps you get rid of acne, the oleic acid can help balance sebum production of the skin.
Argan oil helps to rejuvenate skin.
- mix 1 tablespoon of lemon juice with 3 drops of argan oil and 1 tablespoon of honey, apply the mixture over the skin, leave it for 10 minutes, then rinse with warm water.
Argan oil has the power to diminish acne scars and skin blemishes, and due to his anti – inflammatory properties ,is an effective treatment for acne scars and psoriasis .
- just apply on the affected skin and you will observe a better texture of the skin.
Argan oil is rich in antioxidants and has the ability to regress the effects of aging.
Exfoliation involves the removal of the oldest skin cells and helps to maintain skin healthy.
Exfoliation removes the outer layer of skin to reveal the newer skin beneath, it keeps skin clean and helps reducing acne outbreaks. You can exfoliate your skin by using a natural exfoliant so you can achieve healthy, glowing skin.
Coffee grounds containing caffeine acid has anti- inflammatory and anti-oxidant effects on the skin and stimulates collagen production.
- mix 1 cup of warm coffee ground with ½ cup of sugar and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Rub the mixture all over your skin then rinse it off.
Mix 2 tablespoons ground oatmeal with 1 tablespoon baking soda ,add water until a paste forms. Apply over your face gently rubbing in a circular motion then rinse.
Mix papaya and banana in a blender, then add 2 tablespoons of honey. Apply the mixture on the skin, leave it for 15 minutes then rinse with cold water.
Mix 2 tablespoons olive oil with 2 tablespoons sugar till creates a thick paste. Apply over your skin face, leave 10 minutes then wash with water.
Exfoliating keeps the skin soft and glowing and will keep your skin pores from clogging which keeps acne under control.
Water is a very important factor for obtaining a beautiful skin. The lack of water is the main cause of dehydrated skin, but also diet, lifestyle ,pollution , stress. If your skin is dehydrated you will see small spots ,most likely on the sensitive parts of your body, around the eyes, neck and forehead.
Coconut oil, an antibacterial which helps reducing redness of the skin is used for moisturizing skin. Apply on the affected skin, leave it for few minutes then wash with water. It leaves your skin soft and also smells amazing.
Almond oil is very effective on dry and dehydrated skin. Almond oil helps to rebuild the hydroliptic barrier which helps you to maintain skin moisturized. Apply on your skin face, leave it for few minutes then rinse.
Carrots containing Vitamin A will leave your skin smooth and shiny.
- boil some carrots, soft drain them well, put them into a blender, apply the paste on the skin face while is still warm (not to warm) and leave it till becomes cold. Rinse with warm water and then apply an ice cube.
Mix 3 tablespoons of lemon juice( a natural source of Vitamin C common used to lighten age spots; Vitamin A, a natural astringent that tightens pores) with 2 tablespoons of brown sugar (a natural source of glycolic acid which cleans pores and removes dead skin cells). Massage gently the mixture on your skin face, leave it for 10 minutes, then rinse with water.
Fruits and dairy are often used to treat dehydration. Eating healthy food will help you to regain your skin hydration .
Don’t forget drink the water your skin and body need.
Open pores are quite common for oily skin. It is not easy to shrink and get rid of these enlarged pores. There are plenty of skin care products on the market but also natural methods to reduce and close big pores of face. If you want to minimize the large pores , there are several natural ways that you can use.
Open pores can seem enlarged when they are blocked with oil, so you need to exfoliate your skin to remove dead skin cells and oils that make your pore size large.
- You can use ground almonds and ground orange peel as scrub, a natural scrub, is effective for reducing the big pores on face or nose.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, 2 tablespoons oatmeal and one egg white, apply the mixture on face, leave on for 20 minutes, then rinse with cold water. Lemon juice containing citric acid and enzymes tightens your pores ,also purifies your skin.
- You can mix 2 tablespoons of honey and 1 tablespoon almond oil, then massage into face, leave on for 20 minutes, then rinse with warm water.
- Strawberries and papaya have an exfoliating effect because they contain acids that make your pores feel better. These can be used mashed and applied directly on the face.
- Yogurt, one of the best home remedy, is very effective for tightening the skin pores. You can apply it on your skin daily. Yogurt has lactic acid that helps reducing pore size and reduce excessive oil from the pore opening
Remember : Don’t ever squeeze pores, you can cause trauma to the tissue and you will end up with an ugly red mark.
Acne occurs when sebaceous glands become overactive.It can appear on face, back, chest, shoulders.
The sebaceous glands, which produce sebum, exist inside the pores of our skin; dead cells are left behind and get stuck by sebum causing a blockage in the pores. The accumulated sebum has bacteria, the bacterium feed by sebum produce a substance leading to inflammation of the skin.
Acne is most common at teenagers, also at adult people.It is usually treatable but to get maxim effect and maintenance the results sometimes it is necessary to combine different treatments, you can treat acne in your home:
Try using lemon juice as an acne remedy. Lemons containing citric acids, attacks the bacteria that cause acne, is an excellent toner:
- cut a lemon in half and gently apply onto acne, leave on 15-20 minutes, then wash the juice off.
Use tea tree oil, an antibacterial and anti fungal. In a study comparing the efficacy of tea tree oil and benzoyl peroxide, tea tree oil proved effective in fighting acne( but benzoyl peroxide works quicker than tea tree oil).
Coconut oil also an antibacterial, it helps reducing redness and fights the bacteria. Apply coconut oil over your acne and massage soft.
Egg whites, reduce the oil and minimize the pores. Apply on your face ,leave on 25 minutes then wash your face.
Take probiotics, reduce refined carbohydrates, and stop eating sugar, eat more vegetables and drink plenty of water.